Documentary in Nepal | Missing mountaineer

 Documentary in Nepal

Nelson was on the eighth highest peak in the world along with her partner, Jim Morrison, when she went missing Monday just below the summit, North Face, her sponsor, confirmed to ABC News.

"There are no words to describe the love for this woman, my life partner, my lover, my best friend, and my mountain partner," Morrison wrote on social media Wednesday.

Documentary in Nepal

Morrison detailed that the pair reached the true summit late Monday morning "in tough conditions." They then moved to ski down, starting with a plan to go around a corner to meet up with a team of Sherpas.

"I skied first and after a few turns Hilaree followed and started a small avalanche," he wrote. "She was swept off her feet and carried down a narrow snow slope down the south side (opposite from climbing route) of the mountain over 5000'. I did everything I could to locate her but was unable to go down the face as I hoped to find her alive and live my life with her."

A high line drop from a helicopter was reportedly used to retrieve her body. Her body was then taken to Kathmandu, officials confirmed to ABC News.

Helicopter search efforts for her were underway into Tuesday but were unsuccessful, mountaineer Lukas Furtenbach told ABC News. Morrison wrote that he was part of those search efforts, which eventually involved landing at 22,000 feet to search.

Other mountaineers were instrumental in finding her, Morrison wrote, including Surendra Paudel, Nims Purja and Mingma Tenzi Sherpa.

Source : https://abcnews.go.com/International/american-mountaineer-hilaree-nelson-reportedly-missing-manaslu/story?id=90543776

Comments

Popular Posts